Episode 137: The O.G. Evolution Kid w/ peter wonsowski
Before we start, feel free to support the podcast if you’ve been listening for a while by signing up for my Patreon for $1 and I will love you forever.
peter wonsowski is the dude who created that spikey blonde punk kid who represented Less Than Jake in the late 90s and resides as a tattoo on many people’s bodies. He’s done artwork for Less Than Jake, The Impossibles, Pinball Records, Shower With Goats, Paul McCartney, the Bill Murray documentary, and a shit ton of others.
I tried getting him on the podcast a while back but due to COVID being a bitch, it took a while. Luckily he finally gave in and we have a solid conversation. And here’s what we talk about:
- Using his gut for his design projects
- Creating the artwork for The Bill Murray
- Becoming friends with the NJ Joystick dudes
- Designing the artwork for Less Than Jake’s latest album Silver Lining
- His design process that basically blows my mind
- Our thoughts on NFTs
- The Broadways and Tuesday
- Designing for Paul McCartney
- Breaking down his doodles on his website
- The artwork for Greased
- Supermarket Allstars
- Creating artwork for The Impossibles
- Shower with Goats CD release show
- Designing Plow United’s artwork for Three
- Easter eggs in his artwork
- And a ton more
Check his work out at peterwonsowski.myportfolio.com for concept, content, graphic design, illustration, packaging, production, merchandising, marketing, Print, Digital + Social campaigns with enthusiasm to meet all deadlines.
I say Peapack in the beginning but then correct it later so I figured I’d mention that now so Jersey folks don’t lose their shit.
I have this was the scene stickers. 2 fro $2 just PayPal firstname.lastname@example.org or Venmo the_mikedoyle. You can see what they look like on my Instagram.
Check out my new book The Couples’ Checklist for my webcomic dailyBred. It’s a great gift for Valentine’s Day.
If you market aggressively on Instagram Stories and want custom stickers then go here to get custom stickers or just email email@example.com and I can send you samples. These are great for B2C companies and Realtors.
Check out dailyBred which has been my daily webcomic since Nov. 11, 2017.
Click here to check out my new book.
You can also support the podcast by purchasing some merch
Click the links below to listen or search for THIS WAS THE SCENE wherever you podcast
Follow the social