Episode 036: Knapsack w/ Blair Shehan
Knapsack formed in 1993 by band members Blair Shehan and Colby Mancasola who were 2 high school friends that went to UC Davis. They released 3 full-length albums which were Silver Sweepstakes, Day 3 of My New Life and This Conversation Is Ending Starting Right Now.
I fell in love with this band when my buddy Christopher James Barker played me Diamond Mine off of Day 3 of my new life. I always felt that the first 4 songs of that record were perfect but I would just play songs 1-4. When This Conversation is Ending Starting Right Now came out, I played that whole fucking thing on repeat for weeks. The album is flawless.
Needless to say, I was fucking fired up when Blair was down to get on a call so I could ask him questions about the band. Here is what we talked about:
- His love of hardcore music
- How they got on Alias Records
- Touring while being in college
- His thoughts on the first record
- Did they or did they not play the Warped Tour at Action Park in NJ in 97
- Getting Sergie in the band
- How he writes a song
- How he typically feels when one of his records comes out
- Where that signature yell comes from
- Jealous Sound
- And a ton more
You can hear his new band here – Racquet Club
If you’d like to support the podcast you can donate as little as $1 a month through Patreon.
Also, check out my webcomic.
Click the links below to listen or search for THIS WAS THE SCENE wherever you podcast
Follow the social