Episode 142: Saturday Supercade w/ Rob Schumacher
Before we start, feel free to support the podcast if you’ve been listening for a while by signing up for my Patreon for $1 and I will love you forever.
Saturday Supercade was a pop-punk band from Cincinnati, Ohio that sounded like a happier version of Propagandhi. They put out a 7” and 2 full-length albums and did a bit of touring in the late 90s.
I got Robbie Cade on the Skype and this is what we chat about:
- Touring with Operation Cliff Clavin
- Playing a show with At The Drive-In
- The smoke bomb story
- The first show we played with them on our first tour
- The van wars while on the road
- The only show he played stoned
- Matt Red Leader’s apartment
- Ol Wharty B
- The super soaker story
- What he thought of their last album when he wasn’t in the band
- parting ways with the band
- Lucy Loves Schroder
- How my band’s relationship ended with Saturday Supercade
- More about Matt Red Leader
- Playing in Ghoultown
- And a ton more
If you market aggressively on Instagram Stories and want custom stickers then go here to get custom stickers or just email email@example.com and I can send you samples. These are great for B2C companies and Realtors.
Check out dailyBred which has been my daily webcomic since Nov. 11, 2017.
Click here to check out my new book.
You can also support the podcast by purchasing some merch
Click the links below to listen or search for THIS WAS THE SCENE wherever you podcast
Follow the social