Episode 136: From Roadie to Epitaph Records w/ Jason Link
Before we start, feel free to support the podcast if you’ve been listening for a while by signing up for my Patreon for $1 and I will love you forever.
Jason Link is the Creative Director over at Epitaph Records. Prior to this, he worked at Victory Records, and prior to that, he toured with a shit ton of bands.
I got him on the Skype and this is what we chat about:
- Starting a zine
- A comp from NJ changing his life
- Randomly becoming Midtown’s merch guy
- The Plain White T’s needing to be very clean
- Designing Dashboard Confessional’s website for Drive Thru
- People uploading songs to Napster with other band’s names
- Roading for Taking Back Sunday before they exploded
- What it was like to tour on a bus
- The origins of the Bayside bird
- What it was like to work at Victory
- Is the story of how the Larry Arms got on Epitaph true
- And a ton more
This week’s sponsor is Mint 400 Records.
You can find Mint 400 Records releases streaming at Spotify, Pandora, Tidal, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Deezer, and more or at all mp3 outlets worldwide. Visit www.mint400records.com
You can find the clip from Ruby Bones’ song here.
If you market aggressively on Instagram Stories and want custom stickers then go here to get custom stickers or just email firstname.lastname@example.org and I can send you samples. These are great for B2C companies and Realtors.
Check out dailyBred which has been my daily webcomic since Nov. 11, 2017.
Click here to check out my new book.
You can also support the podcast by purchasing some merch
Click the links below to listen or search for THIS WAS THE SCENE wherever you podcast
Follow the social