Episode 061: Piebald Roadie Life w/ Jon Cheese
Jon Cheese toured from 2002-2012 working for all kinds of bands as a tour manager/Merch guy. Some of these bands were Piebald, Cave In, My Chemical Romance, Apollo Sunshine, Limbeck, The Honorary Title, Meg & Dia, Big D & the Kids Table, Streetlight Manifesto, and The National. He did a weird T-Pain tour… and every Warped Tour from 2002-2011 (02/03 with Doghouse records and 04-11 with Side One Dummy Records.
I got him on the phone and here’s what we talked about:
- Why it’s ok to not like some of the older punk bands
- The origins of the name Jon Cheese
- Possibly running Cave-in’s Merch
- Finally remembering the name Aaron Kraft from many episodes ago
- My arch nemesis from high school
- The Morris County youth crew
- Meeting Piebald
- The My Chemical Romance story (this is fucking amazing)
- Jesse from Motion City Soundtrack’s involvement in Jon’s marriage
- Selling real estate to Fat Mike and other punk rock folks
- And a ton more
If you’d like to support the podcast you can donate as little as $1 a month through Patreon.
Also, check out my webcomic.
Click the links below to listen or search for THIS WAS THE SCENE wherever you podcast
Follow the social