Episode 050: Promoting NJ Shows w/ Ricky Saporta
Ricky Saporta was a show promoter in NJ back in the late 90s. The main space he did this at was the Wayne Firehouse in Wayne, NJ. Shows started in the smaller room and then progressed into the large room where bands like At The Drive-In, Jimmy Eat World, The Get Up Kids, New Found Glory, Alkaline Trio, and many other large acts played.
It took me FOREVER to get him on the show but he finally caved and this is what we talked about:
- The unreleased song I wrote to entice him to be on the podcast
- How he connected with his punk rocker wife, Nina
- How I finally got him on the show
- NYC being scary back then
- Plan A Project
- When did he start taking photos at shows
- OL Rebellion
- How he’d get band logos for flyers
- At The Drive-In
- The Piebald story
- Andrew Ellis
- Benny Horowitz
- And a ton more
If you’d like to support the podcast you can donate as little as $1 a month through Patreon.
Also, check out my webcomic.
Click the links below to listen or search for THIS WAS THE SCENE wherever you podcast
Follow the social